SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres
SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres are a permanent implant and for single use only.
The high number of microspheres provide a uniform radiation distribution, enabling treatment of solitary and multifocal liver tumors.1–3
With a specific density close to that of red-blood cells,1 they are carried by the blood flow, penetrating deep into the tumor microvasculature.
- to achieve an even distribution
- to maximize the number of microspheres delivered
- to optimize tumor coverage - even in patients with extensive disease
- the minimal penetration depth of beta radiation emissions through tissue and air
- the relatively short half-life of 64.1 hours
|Manufacturer||Sirtex Medical Pty Ltd|
|Composition||Resin (sulfonated divinyl benzene-styrene copolymer)|
|Specific density||1.125-1.6 g/ml (comparable to red blood cells)|
|T1/2||64.1 h (94% within 11 days)|
|Penetration in tissue||2.5 mm (mean)|
|Presentation of activity||Single dose size containing 3.0 GBq ± 10% of Y-90 at calibration date & time in 5 ml water for injection, moist sterilized.|
|No. of microspheres per vial||44 (± 2.6) million|
Additional Product Information
- Sirtex internal data
- Burrill J et al. J Nucl Med Radiat Ther 2011; 2:107. doi:10.4172/2155-9619.1000107.
- Chiesa et al. J Nuc Med Molmaging 2011; 55: 168–197.