Area Oncology Manager - Latin America
Region: Latin America
Location: San Paulo Brazil
Advertising Date: Thu 06 August 2020
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the U.S., Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Area Oncology Manager works in collaboration with the Sales Director and Regional Sales Managers to focus on developing and implementing Latin America Region strategies and tactics aligned with the Americas Strategic Plan. The main focus is on market development in the field of oncology, product positioning, market penetration, oncology training, education of oncology physicians and health care practitioners and driving patient referrals for SIR Spheres. The Area Oncology Manager will be based in Sao Paulo - Brazil.
The AOM is a strategic position concentrating, primarily, on Region Key Accounts and Key Opinion Leaders to help drive penetration of SIR-Spheres® microspheres.
- Works directly with SD and RSMs to develop and execute Region KOL and Key Account plans to drive additional patient referrals for SIR Spheres
- Works directly with sales and marketing to execute strategies to develop the oncology market place in the Region
- Responsible for executing Region strategy for Med. Onc., Surg. Onc, & Hepatologist initiatives and establishing talk tracks as they evolve
- Develops plans for and executes key programs and strategies to educate oncologists, increase awareness of SIR-Spheres microspheres and impact referral patterns
- Responsible for all Sirtex Speaker and Proctor training in assigned geography as well as identifying & developing new Speakers and Proctors as appropriate.
- Responsible for Quarterly goals that are set and agreed upon by the GM
- Responsible for Oncology training at SIR Spheres “Centers of Excellence” accounts as appropriate for Region
- Actively manages pre-determined budget in conjunction with GM
- Participates and helps to shape Latin America training as it pertains to oncology
- Develops appropriate sales development activities plan
- Understands all current relevant clinical data and helps to educate the sales team as well as physicians
- Compliance with AdvaMed
- Undergo all formal training events as maybe Directed from time-to-time
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Work within, and ensue adherance to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements
- Work within, and ensure adherance to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions and other requirements
EDUCATIONAL PREREQUISITES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required in clinical field. Master or PhD is nice to have
- Minimum 3-4 years in medical arena (pharmaceutical/biotech/device)
- Oncology background
- Portuguese speaker. English (Intermediary/Advanced)
- Spanish (Basic/Intermediary) is nice to have
- Comfortable in a small company environment
- Resourceful, self-motivated, driven individual
- Consistent Top Performer
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Travel 20-40% which can include weekends/holidays as needed to achieve goals
- Physical requirements include: sitting, walking, standing ofr prolonged amount of
- time, possible exposure to radiation and ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Current valid drive license
- Sirtex internal processes.
- As agreed by President of SMI.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM SIRTEX:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please email your cover letter and resumé to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.