Director of Marketing Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Location: Germany, UK, France
Advertising Date: Wed 05 August 2020
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the U.S., Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Director of Marketing EMEA will lead a team of marketers focused on achieving the goals set out in the company’s strategic intent blueprint.
This position will be remote. Candidates can be located in Germany, UK or France.
RESPONSIBILITIES / AUTHORITIES:
- Successfully manage, mentor, and develop a team of marketing professionals.
- Develop/execute marketing plans that will support the EMEA to achieve sales targets and related goals.
- Collaborate with regional and global Sirtex stakeholders to successfully build the business and ensure good cross-functional communication and alignment.
- Cooperate with reimbursement and market access colleagues to improve reimbursement and funding in key EMEA markets.
- Partner with sales and training to successfully develop tools, resources designed to inspire and motive the sales team members.
- Develop long-standing and productive relationships with influential key opinion leaders.
- Oversee the conduct of market analysis to respond appropriately to business issues, evaluate competitor activity and marketing communications using primary and secondary market research techniques.
- Ensure every item released to customers complies with the local regulatory authorities and has been approved in line with the Sirtex approval process.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Global Head of Marketing.
- Undergo all formal training events as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Expectation to travel at a frequency to support the business in key EMEA markets.
EDUCATIONAL PREREQUISITES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 5 years of experience in a marketing management position in the Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Devices industry supporting several countries in the EMEA region and leading a team
- Prior experience in oncology and/or interventional radiology including working with key opinion leaders in the region is a plus (either in sales or marketing).
- Must have a strong track record of launching new products and/or indications.
- Needs to have a working understanding of market access and reimbursement processes in Europe.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a variety of audiences ranging from patients to health care professionals as well as interal company personnel.
- Must demonstrate initiative, a sense of urgency and resourcefulness.
- Strong understanding of customer, market dynamics and requirements.
- Must have the ability to develop and effectively execute strategic marketing plans.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills are required.
- Complete the Sirtex Medical sales training program.
- Sirtex internal processes and procedures.
- Attend other training programs as requested.
How to apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in English and all relevant certificates in English or German to Gianina Ureta, Human Resources Associate EMEA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, applications send via post cannot be returned.