This job is no longer accepting applications.
Global Health Economics & Outcome Research Manager
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Location: United Kingdom
Advertising Date: Thu 02 April 2020
Sirtex is a global life-sciences company that develops and delivers effective oncology treatments using novel small particle technology.
The global Sirtex team over the past few years has grown significantly, and we now have almost 300 employees located in 20 countries. Sirtex employees are driven by a passion to help medical professionals worldwide provide real hope for patients and their families. Achieving this vision is a large and complex task requiring dedication and commitment.
- Support the development of economic models (CEMs, BIMs) at the Global level, and their adaptation to National or Local jurisdictions.
- Provide scientific expertise on and successfully implement robust statistical and health economic analysis methods in the delivery of CEMs and BIMs in line with applicable international and national guidelines and requirements, and consistently with the HTA strategy for SIRTEX products, drawing input from Global Reimbursement colleagues and across the Regional teams.
- Work with regional and country colleagues, support HTA/Reimbursement submissions and Market Access activities globally through collaborative matrix working.
- Design, develop and deliver value tools to support optimal HTA/ Reimbursement/ Market Access for SIRTEX products including generating real world data.
- Disseminate scientific knowledge and technical expertise to relevant external and internal stakeholders through publications, congress presentations, etc.
- Ensure strong alignment across all functions such as Global Reimbursement & Market Access, Clinical, R&D, Marketing teams on current and future economic evidence generation.
- Maintain a continuous awareness of methodological standards, published literature and technical developments in this area.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge concerning the scientific data that underpins the economic value proposition and clinical benefits of SIRTEX products and comparator treatments.
- Develop reference knowledge of related health economic and clinical literature; seek to understand landscape evolutions and their implications in economic model developments.
- Maintain and deepen a sound understanding of relevant Health Economics methods guidelines, evaluation criteria and the likely payer perception of the product value proposition for SIRTEX products.
- Work with regional and global colleagues and selected KOLs and payers in strategic advisory activities to inform the development of economic models.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the multidisciplinary regional colleagues.
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments, to support global and regional activities and to maintain relationships and dialogue opportunities with external stakeholders.
- Qualified to at least a MSc. level in Health Economics and/or Statistics, with strong academic and practical background in Health Economics Modelling.
- Experienced professional with proven track record for the hands-on development and adaptation of cost-effectiveness and budget impact models in various geographies.
- Proficient in standard Health Economic modelling and statistical packages (e.g. Excel, SAS, TreeAge, etc.).
- Strong understanding of Health Economic principles and the ability to assimilate and simplify data and concepts effectively.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Preferably work experience gained at a European or International level.
- Excellent command of English (spoken/written).
- Enthusiastic team player and a passionate individual who wants to make a difference, both to the company and to patients who benefit from innovative treatments.
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, tenacious and diplomatic.
- High degree of proactive initiative with a sense of urgency and strong commercial awareness.
- Flexible and adaptable style with the ability to learn and assimilate information quickly.
- A good team player.
- Confident and articulate contributor.
- Committed to deliver high quality results on time.
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through training opportunities.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume and all relevant certificates in English to Ecaterina Chislari, HR Generalist EMEA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, applications send via post cannot be returned.