Area Sales Representative - NYC
Location: New York City NY
Advertising Date: Mon 28 October 2019
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the US, Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing, dynamic organization.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, hard-working, has the desire to learn and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your sales and procedure skills. Territory will consist of Maine through Philadelphia
- Provide clinical and technical support to clinicians and staff during procedures related to SIR-Spheres microspheres.
- Deliver sales presentations and perform on-site product demonstrations to physicians and other health care professionals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of account plans for key accounts and partners to generate strategic relationships that will result in increased sales within assigned territory.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers in meeting and exceeding business targets.
- Serve as the primary backup contact for Regional Sales Manager, as needed.
- Develop an understanding of the market unique to assigned territory.
- Continuously educate oneself on the latest information related to disease states and the ever-changing business environment.
- Continuously educate oneself on the newest and most relevant clinical articles that impact Sirtex.
- Develop relationships in all areas of the hospital that are key to Sirtex.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education Prerequisites and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two -Five years of medical device sales experience. Oncology background strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively interact with a variety of health care professionals.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must reside in and be able to travel within the territory for which you are assigned.
- Undergo all formal training events as may be directed from time to time.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
- Work within and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Travel 50 – 65% which can include weekends/holidays as needed.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing for prolonged amount of time, possible exposure to radiation and ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Current valid driver's license.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM SIRTEX:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
- Travel 40-60% which can include weekends/holidays as needed to achieve goals
- Physical requirements include: sitting, walking, standing for prolonged amount of time, possible exposure to radiation.
- Current valid drivers license
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com