This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Fri 29 November 2019
Closing Date: Fri 24 January 2020
The Desktop Specialist is responsible for remote and on-premise service and support needs for our user community. This relates to all technology, including: workstations, servers, cloud services of all types, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. Working with the rest of the IT team to handle ad hoc escalation requests, facilitate planned ongoing maintenance, and assist with improvements and projects.
- Work for an expanding medical device manufacturer in the Woburn Massachusetts area.
- Support the core network through leveraging Microsoft Local and Cloud Server Applications.
- Be part of a company that allows you exposure to a variety of different challenging projects daily.
- Must be able to critically think beyond break/fix, communicate well, and work in a team-based environment.
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Provide technical support to internal clients by researching and answering technical questions, troubleshooting issues, maintaining workstation and LAN performance, while maximizing computer system capabilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Windows 10, SharePoint, etc.
- Technical services and support at the network level, physical and virtual: WAN/LAN connectivity, wireless solutions, firewalls, and security.
- Administration and support of cloud solutions for employees including Office 365, Azure, SAP, and other business software solutions.
- Monitor help desk tickets and management system alerts and notifications; ensuring appropriate and timely response.
- Document maintenance for all desktops, laptops and phones.
- Communication with your internal customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures and daily tasks.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Business awareness: knowledge of the internal customer and how IT relates to their ability to complete their tasks.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Understand processes by completing assigned training materials.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-5 years of previous Network helpdesk experience and relevant education.
- Efficiently managing Microsoft Windows OS server and endpoint, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams / Skype for Business and other business relevant software.
- Must have interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Proficiency with LAN/WAN - Switches, routers, firewalls (Cisco/Fortinet experience a plus)
- Experience with backup solutions, managed anti-virus,software testing and technical documentation
- Help Desk experience preferred
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Highly effective verbal and written communicator.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft general certifications, Cisco, CompTIA, CCPA, , Office 365, Microsoft Azure and Sharepoint.
- AA/AS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- BS preferred but not required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM SIRTEX:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org