This job is no longer accepting applications.
Manager of Scientific Communications
Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Tue 24 December 2019
Closing Date: Tue 17 March 2020
The Manager, Scientific Communications, will be responsible for the identification of and development of scientifically balanced and timely standard and custom medical information responses letters .The manager will collaborate with other internal departments to share insights and may work on other scientific communication tactics such as literature summaries, FAQs, and MSL slide decks. The Manager, Scientific Communications may support medical review of the medical, legal and regulatory review of company communications. Conducts literature searches and interprets scientific literature, and provides assessment of competitor papers, posters and other materials.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of metastatic cancers found in the liver and selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT).
- Develop balanced and timely standard medical information letters.
- Monitor the medical literature for additional sources of product information and content for medical information materials
- Lead efforts to regulary collect and share new and relevant scientific publications to cross-functional teams.
- Own and manage the global procedures and system for tracking and responding to off-label inquiries and requests for medical/clinical information in a compliant manner
- Develop other scientific communication tactics: literature summaries, FAQs, MSL slide decks
- Coordinate and staff the medical information booth at scientific meetings and manage related activities
- Ability to travel (US and International) as necessary
- Must have strong project management skills and ability to successfully manage assignments on time with high quality
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be Directed from time-to-time
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions and other requirements.
Education Prerequisites an Skill Requirements
- Education Required: Degree in a scientific discipline. Advanced degree is preferred (i.e. MS, Pharm.D., or PhD).
- 3+ years of experience within the Life Sciences vertical market.
- High level of communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, and cross functional collaboration skills.
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in a global setting.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple projects; ability to multitask and work both independently and within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to critically appraise and apply knowledge gained from the medical/scientific literature.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective professional communications, aiming to cultivate strong working relationships with both internal and external groups.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex medical/scientific information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Power Point) is required, as well as familiarity and working knowledge of key software applications relevant to publication planning and implementation.
- Familiarity with Veeva MedComms or Veeva PromoMats
- Level of position commensurate with experience.
- Oncology experience a plus
What You Can Expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org