Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 07/20/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Administrative Assistant to help us with our growth.
What You’ll Do
Sirtex is looking for an Administrative Assistant who excels at supporting office operations and senior leaders in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growth-oriented environment. The successful candidate must be a service-oriented individual, who is highly organized and detail oriented.
- Maintain day-to-day office operations and supplies to ensure overall functionality and efficiency.
- Partner with the Office Manager to provide optimal support to the office staff and the senior leadership team.
- Greet visitors, receive packages, and maintain a presence at the reception desk as needed.
- Assist staff with the visitor and vendor process in accordance with Sirtex protocol.
- Support leadership team as needed with MS PowerPoint presentation decks and correspondence.
- Partner with office lead to coordinate luncheons, holiday functions, internal/external meetings, and office-wide events.
- Assist with travel arrangements, aid in passport/visa renewals, and expense submissions.
- Manage, organize, prioritize, and maintain calendars for executives as needed.
- Partner with office lead to provide continuous improvement with office functionality and efficiency.
- Provide administrative support with Sirtex proctor programs for the specific purpose of recording, organizing, and submitting proctor expenses for payment.
- Participate in cross-training of all general administrative office functions and serve as backup to Office Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergo all Formal Training Events.
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
Who You’ll Be
- High school Diploma.
- 5+ years related administrative experience.
- Strong technical skills and command of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Zoom, and various administrative workflow systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written, verbal, presentation) across the organization.
- Adaptable to competing demands, extremely organized, and maintain excellent planning and time management skills.
- Focused attention to detail, execution of tasks, and follow-up.
- Problem solver, who is creative and always looking for improvements and solutions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously or in a team setting and be able to handle highly confidential information and relationships with discretion.
- Positive, can-do outlook; integrity; values diversity; and flexibility to contribute to multiple projects as needed.
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations and experience interacting with senior leadership levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage communication at all levels across the organization.
- Bilingual English and Chinese Mandarin a plus
What to expect from Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
- Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day!