Key Inclusion Criteria
The patient selection criteria for all three studies were similar. In FOXFIRE, there was no limitation in the size of lung or lymph node metastases, and no organ restriction of the extra hepatic metastases compared to FOXFIRE Global and SIRFLOX.
- Unresectable liver-only or liver-predominant tumours that have spread from the colon;
- No prior chemotherapy for advanced disease;
- Fit for combination therapy and Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT).
Key Exclusion Criteria
- Evidence of ascites, cirrhosis, portal hypertension, main portal venous tumour involvement or main portal venous thrombosis
- Previous radiotherapy
- Non-malignant disease that renders patients unsuitable for the study treatment
- Previous dose-limiting toxicity associated with adjuvant 5-FU or oxaliplatin chemotherapy
- Pregnant or breast feeding
- Concurrent or previous malignancy
- Peripheral neuropathy > grade 1 (NCI-CTCv3)
Now leaving sirtex.com
You are about to leave the Sirtex Web site. This link is provided to you as a service and will take you to a site maintained by a third party who is solely responsible for the content.
Please be aware that Sirtex takes no responsibility for content of these external sites, nor do we endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered on other internet sites.
Click 'Continue' to proceed to the third-party Web site.
Now leaving sirtex.com
You are about to leave the Sirtex Website. This link is provided to you as a service and will take you to the Sirtex Virtual Booth.
Sirtex is responsible for the content of the Virtual Booth, which is hosted on a website maintained by a third-party. Except for Sirtex’s Virtual Booth experience, please be aware that Sirtex takes
no responsibility for the other content of these external sites, nor do we endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered on other internet sites.
You are now leaving your current sirtex.com region
The Sirtex site you are linking to is intended only for healthcare practitioners and patients outside your current region.
Any products discussed herein may have different approved product labeling; therefore, any information provided may not be appropriate for use in your region.
Click 'Continue' to proceed to the other Sirtex region Web site.
This content is intended for healthcare professionals only
By clicking "Yes" you are confirming that you are a healthcare professional. If you are not a healthcare professional, then please click "Go to Homepage" which will direct you to the Sirtex homepage.
Go to Homepage
Effective May 7, 2021, SIR-Spheres will have the following indication for use:
SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres are indicated for the treatment of unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and
unresectable metastatic liver tumors from primary colorectal cancer in patients refractory to or intolerant of chemotherapy.
Click here to view our Technical Bulletin.