Published Data in Primary Renal Cell Cancer
RESIRT was the first-in-human trial to assess SIRT for the treatment of primary renal cell carcinoma (RCC) unsuitable for conventional therapy.1
This pilot study of 21 patients demonstrated
- Partial response (PR) in 1/20 (5%)
- Stable disease (SD) in 18/20 (90%)
- Pseudoprogressive disease in 1/20 (5%)
- Good tolerability at all dose levels
- No dose-limiting toxicity
- No serious adverse events (SAEs) or SAEs related to SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres
SIRT with SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres may be a feasible treatment option for RCC patients who are unsuitable for conventional therapy, and further clinical studies are warrantied.
1 Clark, W. et al. Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) 42nd Annual Scientific Meeting, J Vasc Interv Radiol 2017; 28 (Suppl): S164 Abs. 379.