This job is no longer accepting applications.
Human Resources Associate
Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 06/17/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Human Resource Associate to help us with our growth. This position will report to the Head of Global Marketing who enthusiastically supports professional growth.
What You’ll Do
As a core member of the Americas Human Resources team, the HR Associate will be responsible for supporting the daily operational requirements related to several aspects of the employee life cycle from onboarding, deboarding, benefits administration and maintaining our key HRIS systems for accuracy. In this role, you will:
- Provide first-line support to all Americas employees by responding to employee inquiries in a timely manner and providing quality customer service.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration and record keeping of employee life cycle changes and HRIS updates.
- Serve as HRIS Administrator and take ownership of our HRIS systems (Sage People) data quality.
- Assist in providing reports and analytics for key processes.
- Support compliance reporting initiatives such as Affirmative Action Planning and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Assist in Corporate policy revision - updates, posting and development.
- Support the candidate experience by assisting with the preparation of position descriptions, interview scheduling, creating job offers, background check administration, candidate communication, onboarding orientation and benefits administration. Assist with work permit (immigration) and relocation efforts. Work with stakeholders to continually improve our onboarding process.
- Facilitate the offboarding process through leaver communication, COBRA administration and exit process support. Partner with leaders on system updates.
- Assist in the support of Leave of Absence requests, ensuring processes are followed, documentation provided, and systems updated.
- Assist with annual Open Enrollment and ongoing benefits changes (change of status) for all Americas employees.
- Work with Payroll to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll changes.
- Administer the Sirtex Service Award program by maintaining reports, communicating directly with employees’, and providing key information to communications partner for company-wide recognition.
- Support special projects as assigned, such as HR events, benefits open enrollment, employee communications and company-wide meetings.
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
Who You’ll Be
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- 1+ year of related experience.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation). Able to communicate with tact and diplomacy and convey appropriate information with clarity and effectiveness.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact, develop and foster positive working relationships within all levels of the global organization.
- Ability to manage confidential information in a professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organization skills. Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
- Customer Service oriented, energetic, and professional. Adaptable with the desire to continually grow and develop skills and knowledge within Human Resources practices and employment law.
- Results oriented and ability to make decisions.
- Ability to navigate in the gray where things are not always black and white.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a global team setting.
- Ability to commit to full time on-site work schedule when needed. Standard schedule Mon & Fri remote, Tues, Wed and Thur on-stie.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a dynamic, fast-paced changing environment.
What to Expect from Us
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.