This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Manager, Market Access (Canada)
Posted Date: 06/17/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experience Sr. Manager, Market Access - Canada to help us with our growth.
What You’ll Do
The Sr Manager, Market Access - Canada is responsible for both tactical and strategic Health Economics, Reimbursement and Market Access delivery of in-market (currently SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres) and pipeline Sirtex products primarily in Canada, however with an expectation to support wider HEPRA team initiatives as required.
In this role, you’ll define the optimal reimbursement/funding strategy for the Canadian market. There is a clear expectation of engaging with and ensuring successful negotiations with local/regional and national payors and payor organizations across Canada. This role also requires the development and implementation of required materials and content to achieve optimal market access and reimbursement for the Sirtex portfolio in Canada. There may also be the need to support other reimbursement/funding activities outside Canada within the International region.
This is a highly accountable and prominent position in Sirtex which requires engagement, partnership, and interaction with colleagues at all levels throughout the Sirtex matrix organization. Of paramount importance to success in the role, is close partnership working with cross-functional team colleagues at both regional and country level. The candidate should be extremely proactive and highly willing to engage both internally and externally and lead regarding providing successful market access solutions and developing Sirtex’s profile amongst oncology stakeholders of all types. The role demands strong project management experience and confidence in shaping, recommending, and implementing strategy and initiatives for Canada Sirtex’s matrix teams.
The candidate is responsible for conducting their activities on behalf of the company consistent with a high standard of business ethics and in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern our activities. The obligation encompasses the following:
- Takes personal responsibility for and demonstrates a high level of understanding of and adherence to the applicable internal policies, including but not limited to our Code of Ethics.
- Adheres to business conduct and other policies applicable to the role, and external laws and regulations governing activities.
- Exhibits high business ethics standard in dealing with internal and external stakeholders, including dealing with others honestly and openly, showing accountability, being reliable and trustworthy and being loyal to the company.
- Completes all required compliance and ethics related training within required timelines.
- Encourages a high level of understanding of and adherence to compliance and ethics amongst colleagues and third parties.
- Fully co-operates in any internal and external audits, investigations, and inspections.
- Secure funding for in-market and pipeline Sirtex products across Canada at both national and sub-national levels. Support local teams in reimbursement/funding discussions by liaising closely with prioritized funding bodies and hospital controlling departments to understand and overcome funding hurdles at account level.
- Define the optimal reimbursement/funding strategy and tactics for Sirtex portfolio in Canada, considering market insights, dynamics, and further factors over the short, medium and long term.
- Ensure strong alignment between regional business plans and reimbursement and market access activities.
- Leverage the information contained within all Sirtex data sources as well as secondary research to synthesize compelling value arguments specifically to the Canadian market.
- Maintain a deep knowledge and mapping of the Canadian payor environment, stakeholders, and processes for both current and future Sirtex product lifecycles.
- Maintain knowledge around Sirtex competitor payor messaging and strategy.
- Identify, design, and utilize as required supporting materials to optimize funding negotiations across Canada.
- Provide input into the European/ International reimbursement strategy securing Canada’s needs.
- Identify and proactively communicate internally of actionable data gap development
- Develop and maintain effective networks with payor stakeholders.
- Listens, collects, and communicates actionable insights in a systematic way from key (payor) stakeholders, decision makers, competitors, and market trends to shape the value proposition and access strategy for Canada.
- Seek input and alignment with key internal stakeholders at local, regional and if required global level.
- Ensure strong alignment between Reimbursement & Market Access (and R&D) on current and future evidence generation.
- Effectively champion the payer value agenda with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge concerning the scientific data that underpins the clinical benefits of Sirtex products and comparator treatments.
- Develop reference knowledge of related health economic and clinical literature; seek to understand changing customer requirements and the implications of these to support market access throughout the life cycle in key markets.
- Maintain and deepen a sound understanding of relevant Reimbursement & Market Access criteria and the likely payer perception of the product value proposition for Sirtex products in new indications in Canada.
Building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships (internal and external):
- Provide input into the EMEA/ International reimbursement strategy securing Canadian needs.
- Proactively contribute to HEPRA and wider company meetings/requests.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the internal multidisciplinary regional colleagues.
- Work with regional and global marketing colleagues and selected clinical KOLs and payers in strategic advisory activities as required.
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments, to support global and regional activities and to maintain relationships and dialogue opportunities with external stakeholders.
- Become recognized as a go to source across Sirtex for market access and policy issues influencing the Canadian environment, supporting development of colleagues and wider teams.
Who You’ll Be
- BS in related discipline and MSc in an economic discipline preferred. Professional qualifications in one of the following areas would be desirable but not essential: Economics; Health Economics; Health Policy; Healthcare Management etc.
- Life science industry background required. Experience of oncology therapy area preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the reimbursement and funding structure and process for medical devices in Canada is essential.
- Strong understanding of Health Economic principles and the ability to assimilate and simplify data and concepts effectively that are credible and resonate with payers.
- Proven track record of successful funding negotiations in Canada.
- Well-connected with national and regional payors in Canada.
- First-hand experience of negotiating for funding on a high level with payors in Canada.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ Market Access experience from the Canadian market.
- Strong project management skills, team orientation, and own drive.
- Objective/target driven with high level of initiative, drive, and team commitment.
- Experience in payer engagement for both in-market and pre-launch assets in Canada. Commercial insight and acumen with strong industry experience and an ability to identify opportunities, think creatively and effectively develop and deploy solutions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with internal/external customers and stakeholders at all levels. Native English or French speaker with an excellent command of English (spoken/written).
- Enthusiastic, accountable and an authentic team player.
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, tenacious, sense of humor, and diplomatic.
- Resilient and able to remain solution focused in challenging situations.
- A passionate individual who wants to make a difference, both to the Company and to patients who benefit from innovative treatments.
- High degree of proactive initiative with a sense of urgency and strong commercial awareness.
- A natural networker with the ability to establish and maintain effective and credible working relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable style with the ability to learn and assimilate information quickly.
- Strong matrix management skills and leadership ability.
- Confident and articulate contributor.
- Fully embraces and welcomes a healthy feedback culture.
- Committed to on time delivery w/ high quality results.
What to Expect from Us
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.