Senior Project Manager (Six Sigma)
Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 06/17/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Sr. Project Manager to help us with our growth.
What You'll Do
The Sr. Project Manager is accountable for leveraging new and diverse approaches resulting in optimized solutions by leading the team through commercial, regulatory, clinical, manufacturing, and technical problem solving and decision making, ensuring that the functional experts are held accountable. This leader is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of key projects, while remaining aligned with global strategy, commitments, values and goals of the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Process improvement in critical business areas including, but not limited to, clinical trials operations, manufacturing, supply chain management, project management, customer service, IT management.
- Coach junior program/project managers and project team members.
- Core team leader/project manager of strategic projects
- Collaborates with key project sponsors in bringing together a full range of cross functional expertise and competencies necessary for the successful commercialization of targeted projects.
- Develops and maintains detailed project schedules and budgets for assigned projects. Plans and implements projects across multiple functional teams. Drives the tactical project execution. Routinely reports on the status of the project relative to the schedule and budgets.
- Actively lead the formulation, review and approval of project plans, including goals and objectives, work breakdown structure, detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, milestone descriptions for integrated system projects.
- Works with key partners to understand priorities and plans resource allocation accordingly.
- Provides technical direction for development teams, serves as a point of contact for business liaison, prepares briefings for senior management and assists in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
- Ensures completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Drives risk management file activities and updates. Ensures design control requirements are met for project.
- Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products or design changes to existing products.
Who You'll Be
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, engineering or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience in operations (clinical operations preferred), or manufacturing environment.
- 5 years’ experience in technical function.
- 3 years’ experience in medical device or pharmaceutical.
- 3 years’ experience in project management.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
- Established knowledge of ISO and FDA quality and system requirements.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Project or similar project management software tools.
- Highly flexible and adaptable. Diplomatic and tactful.
- Deep understanding and experience of project and risk management in industrial environments.
- End to end project management experience in complex environments.
- Proven experience managing large, complex, and higher risk projects.
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, active listening, and presentation) at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and motivating cross functional global teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Strong negotiation expertise.
- Strong organization, time management, planning and analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Motivated self-starter with a sense of humor.
What You Can Expect from Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.