Area Sales Representative-Pacific
Location: Portland, OR, Boise, ID, Salt Lake City NV, Kansas City, MO
Posted Date: 06/16/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing and dynamic organization.
What You’ll Do
The primary function of this role is to provide medical procedure coverage and in-servicing in a multi-state geography as an Area Sales Representative.
- Oregon: Portland, Bend, Medford
- Washington: Seattle, Spokane, Everett
- Idaho: Boise, Pocatello, Idaho Falls
- Montana: Bozeman, Kalispell, Great Falls
- Utah: Salt Lake City, Ogden, Provo
- Colorado: Denver, Littleton, Boulder
- Missouri: Kansas City, Wichita
- Nebraska: Omaha
- Iowa: Sioux City
- Wyoming: All
You're Desired Location: Portland, OR, Boise, ID, Salt Lake City NV, Kansas City, MO because this is where the business builds from.
In this role, we want you to take your skills and experience and help us with the following:
- Providing clinical and technical support to all kinds of Clinicians and other staff during procedures related to our flagship product, SIR-Spheres microspheres.
- Manage and exceed or reach the set business targets within your territory. Assist the Regional Sales Managers on the Pacific Sales Team in meeting and exceeding their business targets too.
- Develop relationships in all areas of the hospital that are key to Sirtex.
- Deliver sales presentations and perform on-site product demonstrations to physicians and other health care professionals. You're our expert.
- Assist in the development and implementation of account plans for key accounts and partners to generate strategic relationships that will result in increased sales within assigned territory.
- Develop an understanding of the market unique to your territory.
- Continuously educate yourself on the latest information related to disease states and the ever-changing business environment. Continuously educate yourself on the newest and most relevant clinical articles that impact Sirtex too.
- Always work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions, and other Quality System requirements. And work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions and other requirements.
Who You’ll Be
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years’ experience in medical procedure coverage ie Interventional Radiology (IR), Operating Room (OR), Cath Lab, Office-based or related environment required.
- Previous work experience in medical device, B2B, or hospital setting sales is required.
- Ability to effectively interact with a variety of health care professionals including the ability to articulate a clinical sales message.
- Proven track record of sales success including recognition awards and/or increased responsibility.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers geographically located within the assigned territory.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal and virtual engagement skills is critical to success.
- Self-motivated with excellent organization, time management and presentation skills. Strong attention to detail and follow-through will make you more successful.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Current valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Resides in and be able to travel within the territory that you're assigned.
- Travel 50 – 65% which can include weekends/holidays as needed.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing for prolonged amount of time, possible exposure to radiation and ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Our of an abundance of caution for our employees and patients, Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
What To Expect at Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable
Compensation and Benefits
Your total compensation will include Base Salary, Car Allowance, Commission, Benefits, and Profit Sharing. We’re committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure. We think our employee benefits reflect progressive philosophies that recognize the importance of everyone. Our extensive benefits program is designed to meet your personal and family health, as well as financial security needs.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, I accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.