This job is no longer accepting applications.
Financial Analyst (Bilingual)
Location: Woburn, MA
Posted Date: 06/30/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a fast-growing, dynamic global healthcare company with offices in Boston, Germany, Singapore, and Sydney, each aligned and working to improve patient outcomes in people living with cancer. Our current lead product utilizes a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. To date, patients with liver cancer across more than 1,300 medical centers in over fifty countries have collectively received over 100,000 doses of SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. Our Finance team is growing too and we’re hiring a new Financial Analyst. This position is located in our Woburn MA corporate headquarters.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Finance, the Financial Analyst works closely with our overseas investors in China and internal teams to manage deliverables. This role partners with several business areas to assist with preparing monthly reports and requests for information. The role requires a highly motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented candidate with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, discretely handle sensitive information and be a team player.
Accountabilities would include many components, much of which are captured below. You will:
- Assists in a variety of financial projects including coordinating monthly financial reports, organizing meetings with internal teams and overseas investors.
- Partner with Corporate Finance to develop and maintain financial process timelines and coordinate key deliverables.
- Participates in the budgeting and forecasting process by gathering, analyzing, and challenging data on forecasted expenses.
- Prepares materials including power point presentations for meetings with shareholders.
- Prepares and write reports, memos, and other documents on a wide range of administrative and financial issues.
- Ad-hoc projects too.
Who You’ll Be
To be successful in this role, we’ll require that you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- 3+ years relevant work experience supporting global mid-size consumer products, biotech, or life sciences organizations.
- Bi-lingual -Mandarin/English is required.
- Strong business and finance partner experience; experienced in working with and managing deliverables from multiple stakeholders to meet challenging deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Results oriented with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers located in multiple geographies.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with competing deadlines.
- Collaborative, team player, ability to pivot to project demands, prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- A sense of humor. We take our science seriously but not ourselves.
- A bias towards compassion for patients.
- Experience with SAP and Power Query
What To Expect at Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
Compensation and Benefits
Sirtex Medical has been named a best-in-class employer in the United States after scoring in the top quartile of large and midsize employers who participated in Gallagher’s 2021 Benefits Strategy & Benchmarking Survey. Sirtex was recognized as an organization that provides innovative solutions for creating organizational structures, workplace policies and total rewards, which inclusively engage and motivate its employees.
Gallagher’s Best-in-Class awards recognize employers that excel in supporting their employees’ physical, emotional, career and financial wellbeing for better organizational outcomes. “The HR team and I are passionate about creating a culture that cares about you and your family’s wellbeing,” said Sirtex Chief Human Resources Officer Cathleen Lowndes. “Our benefit program in the US is special and something I think we can all be proud of. While we still have opportunities to continue investing, we have made a number of noteworthy upgrades in the past few years.”
Recent upgrades to U.S. Benefits at Sirtex include:
- Implemented Flexible Work Policy
- Added domestic partner benefits
- Provide adoption assistance resources
- Upgraded our EAP program to provide you more mental health/wellness options
- Purchased a la carte hearing benefit
- Evolved our leave policies to be inclusive
- Added an additional medical plan to lower medical premium costs passed on to you
- Launched Own Your Career – $4000/per employee for professional development
“We take a proactive and structured approach to planning, developing and implementing comprehensive benefits and HR programs,” explained Cathleen. “We believe supporting our workforce builds our overall organizational strength and resilience. Without a doubt – we know that our people are the most important asset of Sirtex. “
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing for prolonged periods, possible radiation exposure.
- Willingness to:
- Participate in all relevant formal training events.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex corporate policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to quality system procedures, work instructions, and other quality systems.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to health, safety, and environmental management system procedures, instructions, and other necessary factors.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, I accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.