Business Data Analyst
Location: Woburn MA
Posted Date: 04/28/2021
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing, dynamic organization.
The Business Data Analyst is responsible for maintaining, developing and improving end to end business data management processes. This will include, reporting from SAP, feeds to our data warehouse (MSSQL) and subsequent reporting, distribution and presentation technologies.
This role also includes development and improvement of core business processes to deliver scalable, effective and efficient global information that facilitates the operation and management of the business as it continues to grow.
As the business information process champion, you will be expected to lead the delivery of changes to business information processes including the appraisal and recommendation of appropriate processes and systems/ tools that assist with business operations.
Technologies in play today are SAP ECC6, MSSQL with replication, SSIS, and SSRS.
This is a hands-on role, which will require direct modification of complex SQL queries developed to service the current reporting requirements. Once the existing configuration is fully understood and documented, we anticipate designing and deploying a rebuild. This may include S4 / HANA as well as other reporting and data analysis tools as recommended or needed.
The role will require you to :
- Maintain and manage existing reports and data extraction processes
- Standardize global reporting processes, security, access and presentation
- Improve the consistency of the data and information provided/maintained by the business
- Integrate new products and/or entities into the Sirtex business structure
- Develop and improve integrated reporting and analysis capabilities
- Develop and improve end-to-end business information processes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness across all areas of the business
- Develop and improve data warehousing facility
- Develop, document and train other members of the Global IT team on procedures related to data, data maintenance and simple change control.
- Any other ad-hoc project as directed
Educational Prerequisites and skill requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 5 Years plus of Business systems experience in a Microsoft environment (MSSQL, SSRS, SSIS).
- Prior operational experience with SAP required
- Global Financial Reporting experience required
- Proven experience in data management, taxonomy, data ownership required
- Some data design experience
- Experience of bringing new data and reporting into a business area highly desirable.
- Resilient, persistent and consultative, with a history of successful delivery to Senior Leadership.
- Ability to articulate risks and issues and communicate effectively to various levels of management.
- Ability to build relationships, influence, and motivate people, and drive operational improvements.
- Ability to learn quickly, to collaborate effectively with short term teams
- Detail oriented with an eye for quality and never settle for “good enough”.
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing for prolonged amount of time, possible exposure to radiation.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets