Senior Program Manager
Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Wed 17 November 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the U.S., Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Sr. Program Manager is accountable for leveraging new and diverse approaches resulting in optimized solutions by leading the team through commercial, regulatory, manufacturing, and technical problem solving and decision making, ensuring that the functional experts are held accountable. This leader is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of key projects, while remaining aligned with global strategy, commitments, values and goals of the organization. This is an on-site position based in the Woburn MA office and the employee will be required to work in the office on a regular basis.
- Help build a PMO structure, lead, establish and drive consistent PMO processes.
- Coach junior program/project managers and project team members.
- Core team leader/project manager of strategic projects
- Collaborates with key project sponsors in bringing together a full range of cross functional expertise and competencies necessary for the successful commercialization of targeted projects.
- Develops and maintains detailed project schedules and budgets for assigned projects. Plans and implements projects across multiple functional teams. Drives the tactical project execution. Routinely reports on the status of the project relative to the schedule and budgets.
- Actively lead the formulation, review and approval of project plans, including goals and objectives, work breakdown structure, detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, milestone descriptions for integrated system projects.
- Works with key partners to understand priorities and plans resource allocation accordingly.
- Provides technical direction for development teams, serves as a point of contact for business liaison, prepares briefings for senior management and assists in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
- Ensures completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Drives risk management file activities and updates. Ensures design control requirements are met for project.
- Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products or design changes to existing products.
- Follows all applicable Quality System Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and various Guidance Documents.
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be Directed from time-to-time
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions and other requirements.
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in technical function, including >5 years’ experience in medical device and >5 years’ experience in project management.
- Established knowledge of ISO and FDA quality and system requirements.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Project or similar project management software tools.
- Highly flexible and adaptable. Diplomatic and tactful.
- Deep understanding and experience of project and risk management in industrial environments.
- End to end project management experience in complex environments.
- Proven experience managing large, complex, and higher risk projects.
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, active listening, and presentation) at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and motivating cross functional global teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Strong negotiation expertise.
- Strong organization, time management, planning and analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Strong coaching and mentoring expertise.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021 requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
What You Can Expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets