Commercial Business Analyst
Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Tue 09 November 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the US, Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing, dynamic organization.
The Commercial Business Analyst will play an integral part in helping to articulate, analyze, inform, and empower the global commercial leaders and their teams with the data they need to navigate the best course of action to increase revenue and product utilization. This individual will need to demonstrate strong attention to detail, proficient understanding of business analysis, best practices, and experience collaborating with diverse teams and stakeholders. This is an on-site position based in the Woburn MA office and the employee will be required to work in the office on a regular basis.
- Work directly with senior commercial leaders to identify/define key performance indicators and business drivers and report out regularly.
- Become the SalesForce.com commercial subject matter expert.
- Provide sales forecasting support during M&A assessment upon the request of the commercial and business development leaders.
- Enhance sales/marketing operational efficiency through innovative thinking, process improvement and system enhancements and best practice sharing.
- Engage the appropriate support functions to obtain the data needed to analyze results more effectively.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and initiatives, drive projects to completion with minimal
- Apply quantitative analysis and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers.
- Understand, create, and deliver top-quality, audience-appropriate communication.
- Design and work with IT to develop and maintain sales reports and dashboards to support the commercial leadership team and provide them with the data needed to drive business decisions.
- Identify and analyze various data sources for patterns and trends to collaborate with IT on data retrieval.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and provide updates on any new developments utilizing public shareholder, press releases, etc.
- Work with IT to identify, compare and resolve data issues.
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Candidate should understand the complexity of our business and the company, with 3-5 years of experience from a similar role, Commercial Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Sales Operations Analyst or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Mathematics/Statistics or similar job experience.
- Advantage to have worked with SAP reporting tool, Power BI, Salesforce.com or other CRM systems.
- Advantageous if the candidate has knowledge of healthcare systems and or the Medical Device/Life Science industry.
- Passion for educating/training, supporting and inspiring people.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to align people to ideas and take on challenges.
- Superior modeling skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Well-organized with strong planning skills.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to internal meetings (limited basis).
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021 requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
What You Can Expect from Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
How to apply:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets