Global Senior Director of Health Economics and Market Access UK, Germany, or France
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Location: United Kingdom, Germany or France
Advertising Date: Fri 03 September 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing, dynamic organization.
The Global Senior Director of Health Economics & Market Access position is focused upon Health Economic, Reimbursement and Market Access support of Sirtex products; specifically, current in-market & future indications for SIR-Spheres resin microspheres and new products including planning for pipeline products.
This is a highly accountable and visible position which requires interaction with colleagues at all levels throughout the organization and close partnership working with colleagues at a global, regional and country level. The role demands strong project management experience and confidence in shaping, recommending, implementing and executing strategy across matrix teams.
The incumbent is responsible for managing a highly functional and established Health Economics & Outcome Research and Market Access team by conducting their activities on behalf of the company consistent with a high standard of business ethics and in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern our activities.
- Lead the development of HEOR and Market Access strategy to support the value of SIRTEX products and pipeline assets in close partnership with the cross-functional matrix teams.
- Lead the design and execution of Global HEOR studies and projects (including Non-Interventional Studies, registries, burden of illness studies, epidemiology studies etc.).
- Incorporate humanistic and economic endpoints into clinical trials across all phases of product development to build comprehensive trial-based evidence in line with the overall value strategy for the assets and to ensure global reimbursement and access requirements.
- Responsible for representing and recommending Market Access considerations with clinical development/others for early assets including Phase 2 to mid-phase 3/registrational trials and being a key partner in recommending/ designing Phase 4 trials which are required to demostrate value.
- Provide strategic input in the selection of relevant patient population and comparators within clinical trials to enable successful negotiations, reimbursement, and appropriate patient access with global payer and regulatory decision makers.
- Development and validation of new Patient Reported Outcomes measures as appropriate for inclusion across clinical trials, registries, and prospective real world studies.
- Identify opportunities to partner with external customers to conduct HEOR projects in support of asset strategies.
- Lead the timely development of launch and post launch deliverables including global value dossiers (GVD and AMCP), evidence blueprints, economic models, and innovative market access tools to successfully support global launches and post-launch reimbursement and access requirements in conjunction with the regions/countries.
- Lead the coordination of input from local country/regional teams on evidence needs and ensure that the input is appropriately incorporated to develop and integrate the evidence strategy to support global market access needs at launch and through lifecycle.
- Develop and lead on all Health Technology Assessments (HTAs).
- Develop strategic partnerships and research collaborations with key external experts, healthcare policy makers, payers, and various academic and community oncology settings to support asset strategies.
- Provide strategic guidance and content guidance in reimbursement (re)negotiations for SIRTEX products.
- Lead the development of appropriate data dissemination plans and communicate evidence generated via publications and conference presentations.
- Manage and develop in-country Market Access Managers to deliver commercial objectives in line with reimbursement strategies.
- Lead the development and implementation of Market Access strategies for SIRTEX products across current, new and future indications considering market dynamics and other factors over the short, medium and long term
- Develop, pressure test and implement a consistent, coherent Market Access strategy for SIRTEX products drawing input from cross functional teams.
- Design, develop and deliver value tools to support optimal Market Access for SIRTEX products
- Ensure strong alignment between Regional Business plans and Global Market Access activities
- Work with regional and global medical and marketing colleagues to select clinical KOLs and payers in strategic advisory activities.
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments, to support global and regional activities and to maintain relationships and dialogue opportunities with external stakeholders
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions, and other requirements.
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
Candidates must demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership and people management experience and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach a team of experienced HEOR and market access managers, oversee and guide the work of other cross functional colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Clinical degree (e.g. PharmD, MD) or Masters degree (MSc) in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or health economics with a preferred Doctoral degree (PhD) in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or health economics.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in health outcomes and related fields, 5 of which are as part of global health economics and/or outcomes research teams in a pharmaceutical/ medical device company.
- Strong working knowledge of the technical and methodological aspects of registries and observational study design, implementation, analysis and interpretation.
- In depth understanding of Pharmacoeconomics and Health-related Quality of Life
- Knowledge and experience in the oncology therapeutic area is preferred
- Strong understanding of the global healthcare market is desirable
- Experience with HTA organizations such as NICE, SMC, PBAC is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills required: ability to understand and respond to multiple internal and external customers
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills required
- Strong project management abilities (contracting, budgeting, vendor management) essential. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (multitask) involving complex processes, significant budget, competing deadlines and rapidly shifting priorities
- Ability to influence key members of medical and commercial teams constructively and without conflict
- Skilled in functioning within a matrix organization where managing through influence is required
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to anticipate needs and to work proactively to prioritize & address/resolve
- Change oriented, comfortable responding to unexpected demands with tight timelines; team player
- Commercial insight and acumen with strong industry experience; ability to identify
- Enthusiastic team player and a passionate individual who wants to make a difference, both to the company and to patients who benefit from innovative treatments.
- Willingness to travel internationally approx 20%
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in English and all relevant certificates in English or German to Gianina Ureta, Human Resources Associate EMEA at email@example.com
Unfortunately, applications send via post cannot be returned.