Senior IT Risk Analyst
Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Tue 11 January 2022
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing, dynamic organization.
Sirtex is seeking a Senior IT Risk Analyst to join its team to support IT Operations and Controls. This role will play an integral part in the Global IT organization and is a hands-on role. The position will report to the Global IT Director, this role is to enhance the IT function’s policies, procedures, documentations to ensure IT General Controls are designed and deployed correctly.
You need to bring in best practices, you need to have the ability to develop and implement SOPs and make internal controls and compliance part of this organization’s routine. You will be agile, proactive, comfortable working with ambiguous specifications and can prioritize quickly and effectively.
- Ability to articulate risks and issues and communicate effectively to various levels of management.
- Ability to build relationships, influence, and motivate people, instill accountability, and drive operational improvements.
- Detail oriented with an eye for quality and never settle for “good enough”.
This is an on-site position based in the Woburn MA office and the employee will be required to work in the office on a regular basis.
- be a key member of the Global IT team responsible for ongoing design, documentation, and operational support of key IT General Controls of this hybrid on-prem / cloud business.
- contribute to the design of, and responsible for the execution of the strategy for IT Operations and Compliance
- support both internal and external IT, financial, compliance and operational audits, providing independent, objective assurance
- lead the design and operation of compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance with internal security policies etc. and applicable laws and regulations.
- offer advice on strategic direction to Global IT Director, HR, Legal and Compliance on information security matters such as routine security activities plus emerging security risks and control technologies.
- work with business management to identify sensitive and critical data, data classifications, and develop procedures to accommodate those classifications.
- develop and maintain risk assessments for all aspects of IT Operations, including user onboarding, terminations, routine maintenance, as well as hardware failures and other failure events.
- enhance, document, and maintain Business Continuity and Disaster Recover protocols and testing regimes.
- ensure mitigation plans and tests are implemented and followed.
- review risk assessments on an enterprise-wide basis and implement IT risk mitigation programs to achieve required risk tolerance levels.
- perform all other related duties as assigned.
- proactively look for opportunities to improve the accuracy and speed of IT processes including the implementation of new tools and systems.
- Other duties assigned to ensure the proper functions of the team & meet business needs as identified.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience, with recent focus on compliance, internal controls, or compliance management role.
- Experience of working in a global organization with distributed teams.
- Experience as an IT auditor or large accounting firm consultant in an external Audit capacity
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to navigate through various levels of detail, demonstrating flexibility to dive into details as well as think big picture.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- History of working on IT General Controls
- Familiarity with Medical device or FDA compliant field.
- Familiarity with SAP, Salesforce, or other Enterprise systems
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021 requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing for prolonged amount of time, possible exposure to radiation.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets