Location: Wilmington, MA
Advertising Date: Thu 16 December 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the US, Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing, dynamic organization.
The Wilmington plant is one of the global sites for Sirtex Medical. The position of Production Technician ensures consistent, safe and efficient product realization activities at the Wilmington site. The position requires a detail oriented individual capable of working independently in a clean room environment and with the demands of production timelines and commitments. This is an on-site position based in our Wilmington MA facility
Our facility in Wilmington, MA is responsible for the manufacturing of time sensitive high-energy beta radiation to support the treatment of inoperable liver tumors. We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated, team player, with a passion for making a difference to join our diverse team.
- 40 hours per week, 5 days per week. Saturday work hours are required
- 3 workdays - start time is generally 4 or 5 a.m. in order to achieve a 1 p.m. ship time.
- 2 workdays - start times are flexible and managed within team/supervisor
- Candidate must be flexible to work different days, schedules, hours or overtime based on business/patient need.
This position is benefit eligible the first day of employment. This includes medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, education assistance and more!
- Performs standard operating procedures to meet ISO 13485 compliance requirements and provides signature to confirm completion.
- Performs a variety of tasks related to the processing & packaging of radiation treatment product. This may include use of remote handling devices, manual and automatic inspection, labeling, preparing packaging, kitting, component receipt and verification and scheduled area sanitization.
- Handles raw materials, chemical compound ingredients and finished products.
- Mixes chemical compound ingredients for further processing.
- Performs general maintenance as required on various manufacturing equipment.
- Ensures consistent, safe (including radiological safety) and efficient production activities.
- Ensure timely completion of required tasks in order to achieve delivery timeframe.
- Responsible for careful monitoring and disposal of all solid and liquid trash.
- Completes order entries using SAP.
- Adheres to all quality guidelines.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or 0-2 years of work experience.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of working independently in a clean room environment and with the demands of production timelines and commitments.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to apply basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area.
- Must maintain appropriate training.
- Ability to work within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures.
- Basic computer skills, good time management, communication and organization skills.
- 0-2 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a medical device/pharmaceutical environment.
- 0-2 years clean room experience.
- 0-2 years of ISO 13485 and/or cGMP experience.
- Experience in Radiation Safety.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
What To Expect From Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets