SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres are administered under local anaesthesia by a specially trained healthcare professional who
- makes a small incision, usually into the femoral artery near the groin (A)
- guides a microcatheter to the pre-specified site in the hepatic artery (as identified during the pre-treatment planning) (B)
- administers SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres through this catheter (C).
The whole procedure may take around 60-90 minutes.
- it is recommended that patients have a scan to confirm the placement of the SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres.
- patients should be monitored for a few hours and most patients are discharged within 24 hours.
Now leaving sirtex.com
You are about to leave the Sirtex Web site. This link is provided to you as a service and will take you to a site maintained by a third party who is solely responsible for the content.
Please be aware that Sirtex takes no responsibility for content of these external sites, nor do we endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered on other internet sites.
Click 'Continue' to proceed to the third-party Web site.
Now leaving sirtex.com
You are about to leave the Sirtex Website. This link is provided to you as a service and will take you to the Sirtex Virtual Booth.
Sirtex is responsible for the content of the Virtual Booth, which is hosted on a website maintained by a third-party. Except for Sirtex’s Virtual Booth experience, please be aware that Sirtex takes
no responsibility for the other content of these external sites, nor do we endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered on other internet sites.
You are now leaving your current sirtex.com region
The Sirtex site you are linking to is intended only for healthcare practitioners and patients outside your current region.
Any products discussed herein may have different approved product labeling; therefore, any information provided may not be appropriate for use in your region.
Click 'Continue' to proceed to the other Sirtex region Web site.
This content is intended for healthcare professionals only
By clicking "Yes" you are confirming that you are a healthcare professional. If you are not a healthcare professional, then please click "Go to Homepage" which will direct you to the Sirtex homepage.
Go to Homepage