Sales Director MEA
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Location: Dubai UQA
Advertising Date: Wed 17 November 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We are a fast growing, dynamic organization.
The Sales Director MEA will lead the management of the Sales Manager MEA and the distributors of Sirtex products across the Middle East and Africa. This role is responsible for achieving the sales targets set for Middle East and Africa within the agreed operating expense budget. The individual will work closely with other functional team members to actively support the resources needed for driving sales with the Sales Manager MEA and the distributor organizations.
- Achieves the sales target for the region within the agreed operating expense budget
- Prepares sales plans, reports, forecasts and budgets as requested in a timely fashion
- Conducts regular business reviews with MEA Sales Manager and distributor organizations to deliver performance in line with agreed objectives
- Responsible for review, management and development of distributor agreements as required from time-to-time
- Works with cross-functional teams as required to support sales initiatives
- Develops and reviews the key performance indicators (KPIs) and sales competencies of direct report in line with Company expectations
- Works closely with distributors, Marketing and congress organizers to actively participate in approved medical congresses both locally and in the EU establishing clear ROI initiatives and managing costs.
- Champions and supports the account planning process with the MEA Sales Manager and distributor organizations to overcome barriers to sales growth with SMART action plans
- Co-ordinate’s skills and knowledge training as required by the sales manager and the distributor sales teams
- Actively works with Management and Marketing to develop Key Opinion Leader relationships
- Ensures all sales activities comply with relevant Acts, legal requirements and ethical standards
- Undergoes all formal Training Events as may be directed from time-to-time by the Company
- Observes and comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Works within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements
Skill and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ commercial experience in the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry including national responsibility for sales and/or marketing activities expected
- Minimum 5 years’ sales management experience in medical device and / or pharmaceutical industry required
- Experience of working within the Middle East and African markets is essential while respecting cultural differences
- Prior experience in oncology and/or interventional radiology preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead people and achieve results through others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills expected
- Initiative, resourcefulness and strong customer focus required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in English and all relevant certificates in English or German to Gianina Ureta, Human Resources Associate EMEA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, applications send via post cannot be returned.