Key Account Manager East Germany
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Location: Berlin Germany
Advertising Date: Wed 17 November 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the U.S., Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Key Account Manager – Germany (KAM) is the main interface between Sirtex and its customers. The KAM’s primary function is to help Sirtex achieve its sales objectives by prospecting and initiating qualified new accounts and servicing existing accounts. The KAM is responsible for all aspects of account management, including but not limited to; accounts receivable where payment problems are encountered, training, problem solving, and assisting the account on any and all needs.
The KAM has ultimate responsibility to drive key accounts on the assigned territory. The main focuses are market development within a multidisciplinary environment including Digestive Oncology, Hepatology, Surgical Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Nuclear Medicine as well as SIR-Spheres user physicians to assist, train and serve in line with SIRTEX policy and requirements. This position also helps Sirtex achieve its regulatory requirements by conveying customer needs and requirements and reporting any incidents or product complaints.
- Develop an understanding of the unique market and implement account plans for key accounts and partners to generate strategic relationships that will result in sales within assigned territory.
- Deliver selling presentations promoting Sirtex Products – including on site product demonstrations- to targeted physician groups and other health care professionals (interventional radiologists, nuclear medicine practitioners, oncologists, hepatologists and liver surgeons).
- Develop relationships in all areas of the hospital and surrounding referral area that are key elements to Sirtex’s success.
- Organise peer-to-peer educational meetings and trainings to educate-influence multidisciplinary health care professionals to use the product.
- Positively influence clinicians, key opinion leaders/influencers and other multidisciplinary stakeholders to generate or increase product awareness, uptake and use.
- Understand, interpret and promote relevant clinical data to support the uptake and use of the product amongst multidisciplinary hospital specialists.
- Continuously educate oneself on latest information related to disease states and the ever-changing business environment.
- Participation in national and international congresses and organization of local medical educational events.
- Support and assist, where appropriate, third party business partners engaged in clinical trial or other programs.
- Have a clear understanding of health/product reimbursement related to Sirtex.
- Understanding of the reimbursement and funding structure and process for medical devices/pharmaceuticals in Germany.
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions, and other requirements.
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree (Pharmacology, Nursing, Business Administration, other related).
- Minimum 5 years of experience on the medical sales field in the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical devices industries; of which at least 2 years have been exclusively in a specialized hospital environment targeting consultants.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in medical processes in oncology, gastroenterology or hepatology are essential.
- Good existing relationships with GI oncologists, gastroenterologists, hepatologists and liver surgeons would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of successful funding negotiations in Germany at the hospital level.
- Experience of strategic selling with high value products.
- Experience of key opinion leader development.
- Demonstrate consistent sales success over time.
- Good communication skills and a straight service-, success- and sales-oriented mentality with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Native speaker of local language.
- Advanced level of English language (written and spoken).
- Must reside in and be able to travel within the territory of scope.
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in English and all relevant certificates in English or German to Gianina Ureta, Human Resources Associate EMEA at email@example.com
Unfortunately, applications send via post cannot be returned.