This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Project Manager
Location: Woburn MA
Advertising Date: Tue 26 October 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the U.S., Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Sr. Project Manager is accountable for leading and managing projects relate to SAP changes, customizations and software implementation across multiple business functions and locations. This individual is responsible for planning, managing, and delivering IT projects on schedule and within budget.
This leader is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of key projects, while remaining aligned with global strategy, commitments, values and goals of the organization.
- Core team leader/project manager of strategic projects.
- Collaborates with key project sponsors in bringing together a full range of cross functional expertise and competencies necessary for the successful commercialization of targeted projects.
- Develops and maintains detailed project schedules and budgets for assigned projects. Plans and implements projects across multiple functional teams. Drives the tactical project execution. Routinely reports on the status of the project relative to the schedule and budgets.
- Actively lead the formulation, review, and approval of project plans, including goals and objectives, work breakdown structure, detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, milestone descriptions for integrated system projects.
- Works with key partners to understand priorities and plans resource allocation accordingly.
- Provides technical direction for development teams, serves as a point of contact for business liaison, prepares briefings for senior management and assists in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
- Ensures completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Drives risk management file activities and updates. Ensures design control requirements are met for project.
- Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products or design changes to existing products.
- Follows all applicable Quality System Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and various Guidance Documents.
- Undergo all formal Training Events as may be Directed from time-to-time
- Observe and Comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions, and other requirements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college preferably in Computer Science, or Management of Information Systems with over 5 years of experience in Information Technology, SAP, and at least 5 years of experience in project management.
- Over 3 years’ experience in medical device or pharmaceutical preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Project or similar project management software tools.
- Excellent verbal/written communication.
- Highly flexible and adaptable. Diplomatic and tactful.
- Extensive SAP system implementation project management experience managing large and complex SAP implementation projects.
- Data, Datawarehouse and enterprise reporting.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Project, SharePoint, Visio, and Smartsheet software.
- Deep understanding and experience of project and risk management in industrial environments.
- High level end to end project management experience in complex environments.
- Proven experience managing large, complex, and higher risk IT projects.
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, active listening, and presentation).
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Excellent cross functional leadership skills and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and influence skills.
- Strong negotiation expertise.
- Strong time management and analytical problem-solving skills
- Motivated self-starter.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in influencing, developing and leading a project team.
- Experience with business Change Management techniques.
- Strong stakeholder engagement, relationship management, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and motivating global teams within multiple disciplines.
- Highly motivated individual performing at a high level in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong presentation skills at all levels of the organization.
What You Can Expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please email your cover letter and resumé to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets