This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sales Director Northern Europe
Region: Europe, Middle East and Africa
Location: Germany, the UK or the Netherlands
Advertising Date: Wed 15 September 2021
Sirtex Medical is a global life sciences company with offices in the US, Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver tumors called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Sales Director Northern Europe will lead the sales managers for DACH, UK and The Netherlands in addition to the distributors for the rest of Europe. This role is responsible for achieving the sales targets set for Northern Europe within the agreed operating expense budget. The individual will work closely with other functional team members to actively support the resources needed for the sales team in the region to successfully execute the agreed plan. Individuals can be located in Germany, the UK or the Netherlands
- Achieves the sales target for the region within the agreed operating expense budget
- Prepares sales plans, reports, forecasts and budgets as requested in a timely fashion
- Works with cross-functional teams as required to support sales initiatives
- Develops and reviews the key performance indicators (KPIs) and sales competencies of direct reports in line with Company expectations
- Champions and supports the account planning process with the sales team to overcome barriers to sales growth with SMART action plans
- Actively recruits all new and replacement NSMs and KAMs
- Closely manages the European Distributors (Nordics & Eastern Europe) to achieve their sales targets
- Co-ordinates skills and knowledge training as required by the sales team
- Actively works with Management and Marketing to develop Key Opinion Leader relationships
- Develops sales organizational structure to best fit the needs of the business
- Works directly with the Marketing function to execute upon agreed strategies and tactics including new product launches
- Ensures all sales activities comply with relevant Acts, legal requirements and ethical standards
- Undergoes all formal Training Events as may be directed from time-to-time by the Company
- Observes and comply with all Sirtex Corporate Policies
- Works within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ commercial experience in the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry including national responsibility for sales and/or marketing activities expected
- Minimum 5 years’ sales management experience in medical device and / or pharmaceutical industry required
- Prior experience in oncology and/or interventional radiology preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead people and achieve results through others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills expected
- Initiative, resourcefulness and strong customer focus required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
What you can expect from Sirtex:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in English and all relevant certificates in English or German to Gianina Ureta, Human Resources Associate EMEA at email@example.com
Unfortunately, applications send via post cannot be returned.
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets