Senior Product Manager (Remote)
Posted Date: 06/17/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Senior Product Manager to help us with our growth. This position will report to the Head of Global Marketing who enthusiastically supports professional growth.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Product Manager will play a critical role working hand-in-hand with internal and external key stakeholders to drive new product development programs and add lasting value to the organization through new innovative technologies. In this role, you will:
- Acting as the product management core team member responsible for: (1) providing voice-of-the-customer marketing specifications to the R&D team, (2) guiding the writing of customer requirements documents, creating product labeling, defining user-validation activities, developing claims and (3) generating product forecasts.
- Acting as the product commercialization lead developing and executing a comprehensive global launch plan and strategy in collaboration with field marketing for new products including: developing product positioning, defining marketing messages and collateral, developing sales and physician education programs and training both domestic and international marketing and sales teams.
- Championing product commercialization activities across multiple internal and external groups such as engineering, regulatory, medical, quality, sales, sales training, HEPRA, etc.
- Determining and leading market research to identify market needs and the corresponding product solution opportunities.
- Acquiring and analyzing feedback from key opinion leaders, current and potential customers, third party market research and internal stakeholders.
- Possessing an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry in general and more specifically, the segments targeted by assigned products, including the motivators for action.
- Creating and implementing market development strategies to target key customers.
- Collaborating with regional and global Sirtex stakeholders to successful build the business and ensure good cross-functional communication and alignment.
- Developing long-standing and productive relationships with influential key opinion leaders.
- Ensuring every item released to customers complies with the local regulatory authorities and has been approved in line with the Sirtex approval process.
- Observing and complying with all Sirtex Corporate Policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Global Head of Marketing.
- Undergo all formal training events as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Quality System procedures, work instructions and other Quality System requirements.
- Expectation to travel at a frequency to support the organization.
Who You’ll Be
- Minimum of 5 years product management and/or marketing experience with a strong track record of launching new products and/or indications.
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) required. MBA preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on data-driven decision making
- Prior experience in oncology / interventional oncology is important (either in sales or marketing).
- Experience working with key opinion leaders in interventional radiology and oncology would be ideal.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a variety of audiences ranging from patients to health care professionals as well as interal company personnel.
- Must demonstrate initiative, a sense of urgency and resourcefulness.
- Must have experience developing and effectively executing strategic marketing plans.
- Must be a strong leadership with the ability to motivate and persuade others.
What to Expect from Us
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.