This job is no longer accepting applications.
Director, Talent Acquisition
Posted Date: 06/20/2022
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Director, Talent Acquisition to help us with our growth.
What You’ll Do
We’re currently looking for a highly motivated, innovative, and strategic Talent Acquisition Director. Based in Woburn, MA or a remote work location on teh East Coast, and reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, you’ll partner with the Senior Leadership Team to define the talent acquisition strategic vision aimed at recruiting top talent into the Sirtex community.
The successful candidate will have a passion for people and process. You'll design, implement, and lead efforts to manage the full cycle recruitment process, including, developing comprehensive approaches to attract talent; aligning the hiring process and candidate experience, enhancing the Sirtex employment brand; and ensuring that recruiting and hiring practices are compliant with applicable employment laws.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively collaborate with HR partners and business leaders to develop and implement comprehensive plans to manage current and future business staffing needs and secure the best talent for Sirtex Medical.
- Manage the talent acquisition activities globally and serve as subject matter expert in the hiring process, acting as a liaison between candidates and hiring managers and ensuring a high-quality experience for both.
- Drive the offer process, including negotiating salaries, extending offers, and closing candidates.
- Design, implement and enhance the company's applicant tracking system to enable streamlined and automated processes and provide access to data analytics to evaluate and assess progress and outcomes.
- Proactively develop strategic relationships and engagement strategies with identified universities, technical and diverse organizations & referral networks to support efforts related to student learning programs, early careers, and diversity workforce recruitment initiatives.
- Determine the optimal mix and strategy for sourcing candidates, including leveraging external agencies, employee referrals, social media, job boards, campus career centers, and other mediums.
- Manage and enhance relationships with vendor partners, including search firms, advertising resources, job boards, and social media platforms.
- Establish innovative and best-practice processes for assessing talent, including screening criteria, interview formats, etc.
- Lead and project manage activities related to talent acquisition expansion, reorganization, and restructuring.
- Effectively manage the candidate pipeline to ensure continued identification and movement of candidates using candidate relationship development activities, programs, and communication strategies.
- Oversee the candidate experience throughout the recruitment lifecycle, by soliciting feedback, enhancing communication efforts, implementing continuous improvement initiatives, and working with Sirtex leaders to drive positive change.
- Nurture a proactive network of talent for immediate access/submission, to open requisitions or exploratory searches, in support of establishing a bench-strength of ready now talent.
- Representative/Ambassador across all social media platforms in compliance with Regulatory and MarCom.
- Develop talent acquisition metrics, reports & dashboards and utilize the metrics to regularly provide insights to leadership, drive efficiencies, establish workforce planning strategies, and support diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
- Ensure accurate and timely recordkeeping and reporting in accordance with company policies, Talent Acquisition processes, and local/government compliance requirements.
- Maintain deep understanding of Sirtex’s business, product, the market and benefits.
- Assist others with ad-hoc projects.
Who You’ll Be
- Undergraduate degree with a preference for HR or Business.10+ years of Human Resource/Recruitment/Talent Acquisition.
- A focus in Life Science recruitment is required – medical devices preferred. International and startups a plus.
- Experience in defining and implementing systems and processes to ensure a world class candidate experience.
- Proven experience selecting and implementing a recruiting software platform including ATS workflows and reporting to gain efficiencies.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing an employer recruitment branding program preferred.
- Ability to work with managers at all levels and assist them in developing hiring plans to secure talent for open positions. Previous workforce planning a plus.
- A keen understanding of the link between a new hire's success at the company and onboarding processes.
- Ability to manage external partners in the talent acquisition process such as: research companies and external recruiters.
- Ability to execute the overall recruiting process and evaluate the effectiveness of current processes and systems and implement efficient solutions.
- A strong desire to see organizations grow with diversity.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels.
- Highly organized, exhibiting meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work independently on assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an energetic, proactive, flexible individual with high integrity and ethics in all dealings.
- Eager to learn, enthused by the day and resilient with a sense of humor.
- Excellent team player with strong rapport skills, ability to style shift with various personality styles.
Training and Policy Requirements
- Undergo all formal training, as may be directed from time-to-time.
- Observe and comply with all Sirtex corporate policies.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to quality system procedures, work instructions and other quality system requirements.
- Work within, and ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment Management System procedures, instructions, and other requirements.
What to Expect from Us
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives.
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture.
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair, and equitable.
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Compensation and Benefits
Your total compensation will include Base Salary (commensurate with experience), Bonus, Benefits, and Profit Sharing.
We’re committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure. Employee benefits reflect progressive philosophies that recognize the importance of everyone. Our extensive benefits program is designed to meet your personal and family health, as well as financial security needs.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.