Location: Woburn MA
Posted Date: 06/18/2021
Who We Are
Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in Boston, Sydney, Germany, and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries. We’re a fast growing; dynamic organization and we seek an experienced Senior Accountant to help us with our growth.
What You'll Do
Assist in all areas relating to the month end closing and financial reporting, all while adhering to, and maintaining accounting policies and principles. The Senior Accountant will work closely with all finance staff and will act as a subject matter expert. In this role you will:
- Assist with month-end close process:
- Prepare, review, and execute journal entries including but not limited to accruals, management fees, recharges, calculation of sales commissions, sales ranking, T&E, and business performance reports.
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary ledgers accurately and timely.
- Perform necessary variance and other accounting analysis to identify and resolve any discrepancies or gaps.
- Maintain an up-to-date balance sheet of all existing channels within the financial workbook. (prepaid expenses, fixed assets, intercompany, COGS, revenue, and sales invoicing)
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Maintains cash flow by monitoring bank balances and reconciling cash accounts.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Provide accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenue and expenditures.
- Assist with compiling data for annual Physician Sunshine Act and Sales & Use Tax Reporting and other reports for management.
- Assist in completion of audits (i.e., year-end, sales tax, internal).
- Ad-hoc assignments
Who You'll Be
- BS in Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience in similar position; experience in a medium or large sized multinational company preferred. Audit background is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, internal controls and financial reporting required.
- Prior experience in a medical device/pharma/biotech environment preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with pivot tables and charts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highest regard for confidentiality. Must be able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
What You Can Expect from Sirtex
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity, and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.
Conditions of Employment
- Sirtex Medical has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 1, 2021, requiring the COVID 19 vaccination for all employees. In accordance with Sirtex’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to the human resources department.
Sirtex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Sirtex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion fosters belonging, growth and success. Sirtex believes that it takes multiple perspectives and voices to create a culture and workplace which fosters engagement, teamwork, and employee satisfaction to perform our best and deliver on commitments. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all employees feel valued, included, and can share their ideas so that we can exceed even our own expectations.
Be part of an amazing team that is helping to save lives, every day.