Key Inclusion Criteria
- Adenocarcinoma of the colon or rectum
- Liver metastases not surgically resectable or ablatable (determined by local MDT)
- Limited extra-hepatic metastases allowed in the lung or lymph nodes (protocol specific definition, by CT scan)
- Aged ≥18 years
- WHO Performance Status 0 – 1
- Life expectancy ≥3 months without any active treatment
- No prior chemotherapy except for adjuvant chemotherapy completed ≥6 months prior
- Deemed suitable for either treatment regimen by the investigator
- Adequate hematological, renal and hepatic function
- Using an acceptable method of contraception
Key Exclusion Criteria
- Evidence of ascites, cirrhosis, portal hypertension, main portal vein tumor involvement or portal vein thrombosis
- Previous radiotherapy delivered to the upper abdomen
- Non-malignant disease that renders patients unsuitable for the study treatment
- Peripheral neuropathy grade > 1 (NCI-CTCv3)
- Previous dose-limiting toxicity associated with adjuvant 5-FU or oxaliplatin chemotherapy
- Pregnancy or breast feeding
- Concurrent or previous malignancy other than adequately treated non-melanoma skin cancer or carcinoma in situ of the cervix
- Allergy to non-ionic contrast agents
Now leaving sirtex.com
You are about to leave the Sirtex Web site. This link is provided to you as a service and will take you to a site maintained by a third party who is solely responsible for the content.
Please be aware that Sirtex takes no responsibility for content of these external sites, nor do we endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered on other internet sites.
Click 'Continue' to proceed to the third-party Web site.
You are now leaving your current sirtex.com region
The Sirtex site you are linking to is intended only for healthcare practitioners and patients outside your current region.
Any products discussed herein may have different approved product labeling; therefore, any information provided may not be appropriate for use in your region.
Click 'Continue' to proceed to the other Sirtex region Web site.