This job is no longer accepting applications.
Medical Science Liaison
Location: Great Plains- Chicago, St. Louis or Minneapolis
Advertising Date: Fri 14 December 2018
Closing Date: Fri 17 May 2019
We are currently recruiting for candidates who live in: Great Plains- Chicago, St. Louis or Minneapolis
The Medical Science Liaison, Medical Affairs will perform a key role in the clinical and commercial development of SIR-Spheres microspheres and any other products marketed by Sirtex in the U.S., through strategic alignment and execution of activities related to investigator and expert key opinion leader outreach, investigator sponsored trials, company sponsored non-registration trials, publication planning, CME, grants, and sponsorships.
- The MSL will be a scientific resource for the commercial field team.
- Liaise regularly with internal commercial leaders to share feedback and issues from external experts.
- Represent Sirtex at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions, and in interactions with thought leaders and strategic corporate partners.
- Identify and develop key thought leaders for medical education and clinical research opportunities.
- Work with Sr. Director of Medical Affairs and appropriate cross-functional partners to develop and execute strategic thought leader plans to provide needs-based, value-added services and to improve their advocacy.
- Support the development of Investigator Initiated Trials (IIT’s). Through expert relationships, the MSL will facilitate the initiation of research projects and ensure that hypothesis testing is clearly defined and within priority areas consistent with the strategic development objectives of Sirtex.
- He/she will be responsible for the successful execution of appropriate processes for review, approval, management and support of studies while maintaining investigator independence according to regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Provide field-based medical support to Company's global clinical research programs.
- Deliver high-caliber medical education presentations in a variety of settings and to obtain valuable feedback that can disseminated throughout the organization.
- Gather and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources in accordance with company’s policies.
- Complete accurate and timely administrative reports, projects, and required documentation requests.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Director of Medical Affairs and/or CMO for the Americas.
SIR-Spheres Microspheres is an effective treatment option for patients with mCRC to the liver. SIR-Spheres internally radiate tumors in the liver while sparing healthy liver tissue. The procedure is generally well tolerated with patients going home same day. The demand for SIR Spheres Microspheres continues to escalate at a fast pace!
To be considered successful for this position you will meet the following criteria:
- Board certified/eligible, PharmD., Ph.D. or equivalent. (Candidates with non-terminal degrees will be considered on a case-by-case basis but they must have extensive clinical and/or industry experience relevant to key therapeutic areas particularly those associated with liver-directed therapies).
- At least seven years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry (medical device experience strongly preferred) within Medical Affairs. Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with experience in oncology as well as solid tumors of the liver.
- A demonstrated ability to perform at a high level within a dynamic and fast-paced cross-functional team environment with tight deadlines and turnaround times.
- Well-organized, operationally effective, and able to both develop project strategies and ensure reliable implementation of projects with a flexible and solution-driven attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time with occasional weekend work expectations.
- Able to work and align with multiple Sirtex-internal and external stakeholders as well as build and navigate within cross-functional Sirtex teams.
- Must be able to quickly understand and assimilate medical knowledge, critically interpret cutting edge science, determine the potential impact of new research on medical thinking and practice, and have the ability to transfer and articulate scientific and clinical data into clear conceptual frameworks, disease management approaches and a pathway to continuously strengthen this concept by new medical evidence.
- In-depth knowledge of complex diseases and the associated medical challenges to provide expert insight, establish and drive the disease vision by rigorous scientific debates with medical thought leaders.
- Effective at articulating complex scientific and clinical information via impactful presentations to internal and external audiences on the medical and clinical aspects of a given disease, product, or program.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to influence internal colleagues and external customers alike.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM SIRTEX:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org